|Launch Date||September 21, 1998|
|End Date||June 3, 2002|
Bobbins is a webcomic set in fictional city Tackleford, England, and written by John Allison. It ran from September 21, 1998, to June 3, 2002, but shifted into reruns with commentary on May 17, 2002. Upon its conclusion John Allison began another webcomic, entitled Scary Go Round. Most of the main characters followed him, and Scary Go Round, although originally intended to be a spin-off focussing on the minor characters of Tessa Davies and Rachel Dukakis-Monteforte, eventually ended up with roughly the same cast as the end of Bobbins.
Bobbins focused on the staff of City Limit magazine, their friends, relationships and lives.
John Allison started hand drawing and scanning the original Bobbins webcomic in 1998-09-21 up until mid 2000 when he changed to computer drawing with Adobe Illustrator (ref: Gerding, Fitzgerald). Stephen Gerding described Bobbins as "kind of like “Friends”", or the UK TV series “Coupling” with an office atmosphere, and John noted his later episodes got very bizzare and this, beginning in 2002, led to the supernatural tone of Scary Go Round.(ref: Gerding)
 Major characters
- Tim Jones
- Allegedly the music writer of City Limit, but generally occupying himself with crazy inventions and bizarre musical projects, probably the protagonist of Bobbins. Created Unit Daisy, and was challenged by Red Robot to fight for her hand. Currently a character in SGR.
- Shelley Winters
- The red-headed, green-eyed protagonist of Scary Go Round was but an innocent country girl before moving to the big city of Tackleford, establishing herself as a promising young writer at City Limit. Used to live with Holly West, until she was lost in the Himalayas. Then stayed with Fallon Young, all the while fulfilling the ingenue role.
- Amy Chilton
- The, blonde, 20-year-old spoiled daughter of Len Pickering concerns herself mainly with keeping up her indy cred, but generally tries to be loyal to her father and protect him. Dislikes work and showers.
- Ryan Beck
- Barfly, record store manager, and drinking buddy of Tim Jones. Currently, under the name of Ryan Beckwith in SGR Always drawn with messy hair and a five-o'clock shadow.
- Fallon Young
- Originally a HiFi store owner in competition with Ryan Beck, was revealed to be a super-spy, then became flatmate of Shelley Winters. Comes up with many half-baked plans and crazy schemes.
- Len Pickering
- Longtime Editor of City Limit, left when Holly West, his favourite, abandonded his magazine. Has delusions of grandeur, frequently makes sexual passes at his employees.
- Rich Tweedy
- The City Limit designer was originally perpetually single, but had flings with both Shelley Winters and Amy Chilton. Was "fired so hard he ceased to exist" by the megalomaniacal Holly West. 
- Holly West
- Former favourite of Len Pickering and flatmate of Shelley Winters, left the magazine to be with Van-Dyke Jones, the brother of Tim Jones, and was lost while trekking the Himalayas with him. She later returned, slightly insane, became editor of City Limit, and sacked most of the original staff, causing the strip's end.
- Elliot Schlesinger
- City Limit's tech support is a mystery within an enigma. His macho posturing at odds with his talent for dressmaking and sewing, Elliot is clearly a man fighting inner demons.
author=Leah Fitzgerald publisher=comixtalk.com date=2003-03-01 accessdate=2007-10-25
author=Stephen Gerding |publisher=Kung Fu Rodeo |date=2004-09-29 |accessdate=2007-10-25
|author=Michael Whitney |publisher=Webcomics Examiner |date=2004-08-09 |accessdate=2007-10-25
 External links
|This page was originally based on an entry from Wikipedia and is used under their GNU Free Documentation License.|