|Creator(s)||Angel Marloes AKA Janen|
|Update Schedule||Every other day|
|Launch Date||August 4, 2006|
|Genre||Fantasy, Action, Adventure|
 Distant Embrace
Distant Embrace is an evolving webcomic that first started in Smackjeeves on August 4, 2006 but on 2007 was transferred to DrunkDuck. Distant Embrace is not limited to a particular coloring technique and has changed from black and white, using grays, color pencils, and by the end of 2007 it should enter the digital coloring arena. The webcomic is influenced by varying media such as manga, anime, stories about Heaven and Hell, and mythology.
- In a planet named Embrace thousand of years ago 10 fallen angels seeking refuge arrived. They found this planet was inhabited by humans too and so they taught the humans lessons otherwise prohibited on Earth. Afterwards, the ten fallen angels, also known as Ancients, decided to fuse with the planet. The fusion brought unpredicted effects on the human population; indeed, humans in Embrace into Elementals and Wild-Bloods. Elementals being those that retained a human form because they inherited the angelical essence of the fallen angels but were able to control one of the ten elements. Wild-blooded humans inherited the demonic essence of the corrupted angels, so their powers went beyond controlling elements; however, they were cursed with resembling demons, animals, or inhuman forms, yet some have found ways to hide their inhuman forms to avoid persecution.
 A Planet Divided
- By some ancient quarrel nations such as Evanstia and Hispania opted for a mass persecution of Wild-Bloods. This pitted them against the whole Southern Continent and Evanstia's neighbor Lillithias , which is inhabited by vampire-like citizens. Evanstia has send numerous young soldiers to what it has openly called a crusade. Along with the Crusade, Evanstia has allowed the use of Purifiers, which are priests that perform open trial-executions of suspected Wild-Bloods .
 Ten Elements and the Nephilim Organization
- After the fusion of the Ancients with the planet, ten elements became highly influential to the life in the planet. The elements are Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, Lightning, Darkness, Wood, Metal, Creation, and Destruction.
- In recent years an organization claiming it could bring forth an apocalyptic new beginning for both races to reconcile in, began seeking the ten spirits of the Ancients trapped in different places around the planet. Things became complicated when other forces began transferring the spirits into the bodies of human beings.
 Chapter Summaries
 Chapter 1: The Ambivalent Hero
- Uriah and Adaran, two Elementals, spot a Wild-Blood, which Adaran hastily proceeds to attack leaving Uriah by himself. Out of the ground, another Wild-Blood (Adalf) appears and knocks Uriah unconscious, then proceeds to inject a mysterious substance into Uriah's arm. Both Wild-Bloods disappear and Uriah and Adaran have no choice but to return to the capital city Orgullo. On their way back Adaran remembers how 12 years ago at Uriah's parents funeral he vowed to always protect Uriah; however, in the present he looks at Uriah as being overprotected.
- In Orgullo they are greeted by Zeph and Hamza. Zeph happily informs them that Zeph has been demoted while Uriah has been promoted to a higher ranking mission. During the next hours Uriah begins to feel the effects of the injection, while at the same time having to deal with his promotion.
- Meanwhile, Zarai and Adalf discuss how the phase two of the plan of the Demoness, in charge of sending them to inject the substance to Uriah, involves someone called "The Harvester".
 Chapter 2: The Council's Truth
- During the meeting with the High Council(institution in charge of Evanstia's high ranking affairs), Uriah and his new teammates are told the High Council's version of what happened when the fallen angels arrived to Embrace. When things seemed like they couldn't get weirder, Uriah begins to hear a voice in his head. They are informed that their mission will consist in what seem three banal parts: transporting an ancient relic, going to the Southern Temple, and travelling to Lillithias. Meanwhile outside the building a dark figure spies on the meeting. When a city guard faces him he is vacuumed into the stranger's arm. After the meeting Uriah begins to fall into a heavily weakened state, but is informed by the voice in his head that a release of the entities power is to be shared with him.
- They arrive to see Fort Altiva under attack, suddenly the same dark stranger as before rips an entrance to Hell from which various dark minions appear. Fintan engages in combat, while Zeph and Terenti are sent directly to the fort and Hamza to drive the cart. While engaging in combat with The Harvester, the dark stranger, Fintan is amazed to be rescued by Uriah, who conspicuously seems more confident and even looking different physically.
- Hamza is intercepted by a feminine assassin who through trickery manages to stab Hamza in the back; however, Hamza sustains the attack and proceeds to choke the assassin. After Hamza leaves the assassin is then silently sucked into the earth, still alive. Zeph and Terenti arrive to the fort where they put out the fire, only to find the fort abandoned without any signs of life or even corpses.
 Chapter 3: Create & Destruct
 Chapter 4: In the Seven Days
 Chapter 5: Determination
 Chapter 6: The Fall
- Short biographies of the main villains and heroes can be found on the comic site.