|Update Schedule||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
|Genre||Fantasy, Science fiction, Mystery|
The first strips centered around Antimony Carver, a seemingly unflappable 12 year old girl who has just transferred to a boarding school called Gunnerkrigg Court. To say that "strange things happen" frequently at this school is an understatement. Time has passed inthe story and Antimony has, as of this writing, entered her third year at the Court. Antimony is usually joined on her adventures by her best friend Kat, who is also a student, as well as a technological genius. Her other friends at the school are much more unusual, and include a ghost, a robot, a shadow, and Reynardine, who defies any attempt at a brief description.
- The Court, known as either Gunnerkrigg Court, of as Gunner's Crag, is a secondary boarding school based in England. It neighbours onto Gillitie forest, though the two regions are divided by a large gorge, apparently created by Coyote. Although it is a school, it more resembles an industrial complex, and is actually much larger than just the school, as most of the Court is unexplored by Annie or her friends.
- Gillitie Forest is the name of the forest bordering onto the court by the Annan gorge.
- Antimony Carver, nicknamed 'Annie' by Kat, is the main protagonist of Gunnerkrigg Court, arriving to the school midway through year seven soon after her mother's death. She is fairly unique within the comic as she is one of the few characters who can see guides, spirits who lead recently deceased people and animals into the afterlife. She is also natural with other ethereal subjects. Within the plot of the comic, she trains, along with Parley & Andrew 'Smitty' Smith, to become the medium between Gillitie Woods and Gunnerkrigg Court. She is an incredibly calm character, and rarely shows any strong emotions, until recent developments in the comic.
- Katarina Donlan, nickamed 'Kat' and frequently called an Angel by many of the Court's robots, Is Annie's best friend within the school, sharing the same house and year as her. She is very technologically and scientifically gifted, and considers anything of the etheric sciences to be "something that has not been explained." She is the daughter of two teachers at the court, Mr. and Mrs. Donlan, though this unfortunately causes some students not to trust her.
- Reynard, sometimes referred to as Renardine, is a fox demon who has the ability to posses another living creature's body, although he later states that it doesn't need to be living, so long as it has eyes. He was originally possessing the body of Sivo the Rogat Orjak when first seen in the comic. He later becomes trapped in Antimony's wolf doll in a possible attempt to possess Annie. Whilst within the doll, and apparently any other inanimate object, he can transform into other forms relating to the object possessed, such as a large white wolf in the case of the doll. Whilst he possesses an object belonging to someone, he becomes subject to the owner's command. He is very protective of Annie, and this is seemingly due to the fact that he was once in love with her mother. He originated from Gillitie Woods, and is Coyote's cousin.
- Shadow 2 is one of Coyote's 'Shadow People' who originated in the woods. He appears as a shadow, and in the first chapter acquires Annie's assistance to get across the bridge to the woods, returning to the Court in chapter 7. Although he appears 2-dimensional, he does have substance, and with the assistance of Annie & Kat, learns to speak English by vibrating the surface he occupies.
- Robot, model S13 (Seraph-class robot, number 13), is a humanoid robot Annie builds from parts found in a box (Excluding an arm) to assist Shadow 2 in crossing to the Woods. He decided to search the woods for a replacement of his missing arm. In assisting Shadow 2, he was exiled from the robot community within the court.
- Mort is a ghost who is friends with Annie, as she advised him on how to be scary. Kat repeatedly insinuates that he has a crush on Annie.