|Launch Date||April 6, 2002|
|Genre||Science fiction, Superhero|
Mindmistress is a webcomic which tells the story of a superheroine who is intellectually superior to the rest of the human race---yet who has to spend part of her time as a mentally challenged woman, Lorelei Lyons.
Rather than use her inventions to improve humanity's lot en masse, (which she reasons would destroy the fabric of society) Mindmistress uses them only in certain cases. Her first superhero appearance was after Lorelei's father was kidnapped.
Allies include her artificial intelligence/hologram, VICKI; a Christopher Reeve-like paralyzed actor who turns into the super-strong Forceful: and Forethought (Elijah Burns), who worked with Lorelei's mother to develop the Burns-Lyons process that changes Lorelei into Mindmistress. Forethought is Mindmistress's mental superior, more intelligent than she is by the same margin that a normal person is more intelligent than a mentally challenged person.
Opponents include Bloodlust, a mercenary armed with the latest and most expensive armament money can buy, Tidal Wave, who can live underwater and cause earthquakes and tsunamis, and Moodswing, who can alter one's emotional state, and sense them as well.
Mindmistress's armor/exoskeleton multiplies her strength a dozen times and her speed three times. Her breastplate can cast hypnotic illusions and her Psyche-staff can block or control nerve impulses. She has several vehicles, but she mostly uses her "catwalk", an artificially-created corridor that can cross space and other realities.
Since 2011 Mindmistress is a member of the international Collective of Heroes.
 I think, therefore I am
Origin story of Mindmistress.
 Military Intelligence
Mindmistress is lured out of hiding by Bloodlust.
 Brain Storm
In which we see the beginnings of the "SubCulture".
 Malice Aforethought
 Stolen Ideas
A burglar breaks into one of Mindmistress's lairs and steals a cloth that can read the minds of anyone that touches it - no-one's secrets are safe, including Mindmistress's!
 Horrible Thoughts
 It's just your imagination...
Mindmistress plays a desktop RPG with some people at the library, and imagines her own fictional world. She falls into a comatose like state. Vicki worries from the outside, as on the inside, she battles her own id.
 Siege Mentality
Lorelei leaves the locket at home when she goes to a fashion show with her family and a "special friend", but she must face the consequences when Bloodlust returns, and a new enemy, Moodswing is introduced. Moodswing can control emotions with a special belt that she wears - and not even Mindmistress is immune!
 Miraculous Mindset
Mindmistress meets the MiracleSmith and discovers the origin of Moodswing's belt. She is stripped of her armour and VICKI is captured - can she, alone and without resources, disarm the MiracleSmith?
 A Penny For Your Thoughts
Mindmistress deals with a bank robber.
- Lorelei picks up a doll from the Repository of Dangerous Things.
- Lorelei attends her favourite teacher's funeral, who was Jubal of Clan of the Cats' college roommate.
- Prequel comic to Concentrating Forcefully.
 Concentrating Forcefully
Mindmistress gains a new ally - the super-strong Forceful.
 Memorable Experience
Ezekiel reminisces about his relationship with his father, meeting and marrying Prudence Usher, and Lorelei's early childhood and the discovery that she is mentally disabled. When his father died, Ezekiel inherited the family house, and kept on the groundskeeper. When Lorelei was a toddler, the paedophilic groundskeeper kidnapped her and would have murdered her, had her father not saved her. The groundskeeper has parole granted and soon kidnaps a young girl and murders her. Mindmistress brings the girl back to life with a new invention of hers, and in the process kills the groundskeeper.
 Molding Minds
In which Mindmistress takes on two apprentices.
 Minister to a Mind Diseased
Vengeance Inc. is introduced.
 True Silence: The Rest of the Mind
A storyline entirely without dialogue. Moodswing visits Ezekiel as Lorelei visits the graveyard and contemplates bringing her mother and Troy back to life with an invention of Mindmistress's. Moodswing and Lorelei meet and argue over the invention, but Moodswing doesn't realise that Lorelei is Mindmistress. Lorelei changes to Mindmistress and overpowers Moodswing, knocking her out and putting her in the hospital.
 And the Horse She Rode In On
Mindmistress's cameo in The Halloween Cameo Caper 2006.
 Visionary Concepts
Origin story of the Visionary. An old friend of Lorelei's accidentally walks in on one of Mindmistress's experiments, changing their perceptions.
 Puzzling the Problem of Evil
Mindmistress comes up against the Evil Overlords United, even as one of Lorelei's acquaintances from the group home is convicted of the murder of a security guard.
 Comic Mindset
A flashback storyline, set between Military Intelligence and Brain Storm. Mindmistress, wishing to spread confusion about her existance, decides to pitch herself as a comic book character to various 'creators'. She would give them tales of her adventures, and they would document them, believing the tales, and Mindmistress, to be fictional. After being disenchanted with various 'creators', she decides upon a man named Al Schroeder.
 Bloodlust's Braintrust
Lucy and Leo become engaged. L.A. is approached by a woman named Harmonica from the Mimir Institute with a radical new treatment for Cassie. She seems to be making progress in her highly secret treatment, but Lisa, Lucy's mother, is suspicious. Lisa dies soon afterwards. When on a tour of the Mimir Institute, Lorelei notices some strange patterns in the fields nearby...
- Vicki - An Artificial Intelligence made by Mindmistress. Acts as friend and helpmeet to both Mindmistress and Lorelei.
- Ezekiel Lyons - Lorelei's father, a powerful businessman. Youngest of six children.
- Vanessa Lyons - Ezekiel's second wife, Lorelei's stepmother. In I think, therefore I am, she arranged to have Ezekiel kidnapped, intending to have him killed.
- Dr Prudence Lyons (nee Usher) - Ezekiel's first wife, Lorelei's mother. Prudence was a neurobiologist, and co-discoverer of the Lyons-Burns effect that is responsible for Lorelei's change into Mindmistress. Prudence died before the story began, killed in a car accident.
- Rita Lyons - Ezekiel's mother, Cromwell Lyons' wife. She died of a snakebite when Ezekiel was in his late teens.
- Forethought (Dr Elijah Burns) - Elijah Burns was a neurobiologist and co-discoverer of the Lyons-Burns effect. At some point, he turned the Lyons-Burns effect on himself, giving him twelve-fold intelligence, and gaining the ability to see larger patterns in history.
- Ash Drake (Visionary) - Son of Charlene, friend to Lorelei and Leo. Mentally gifted concert pianist.
- Troy - Love interest of Lorelei. Mute. Killed as a result of Bloodlust's actions.
- Leo Bowman - one of Lorelei's friends, and brother to Forceful. Owns a pickup truck that requires no petrol, courtesy of Forethought. Has recently married Lucy.
- Dan Bowman (Forceful) - Brother of Leo, Dan is a famous actor. He became paralyzed after a drink and drive accident that claimed the lives of his wife and children.
- Lucy (Lucille Judith East) - Lorelei's best friend.
- L.A. Lewis-Kwan - Mother of Cassie, she goes around to her charges' houses and makes sure they're taking care of themselves. Divorced.
- Cassie - Teenage daughter of L.A., she is a mentally disabled girl who is also depressed.
- Caedmon East - Brother of Lucy. CEO of March Industries and the Mimir Institute.
- Lisa East - Mother of Lucy and Caedmon. Former teacher, currently Lyons Power's Human Resources Manager.
- Nephlas - In an imaginary world created by Mindmistress, she is Mindmistress's three year old daughter, with neo-human intelligence. Great-grandmother named Gebea and Great-uncle named Osiades.
- Therthes - In an imaginary world created by Mindmistress, he is Mindmistress's lover and Nephlas's father, with neo-human intelligence.
- Tidal Wave (Dan Steed) - Ezekiel's good friend and former business partner, and Lorelei's uncle-figure.
- Eric - a reptilian being who loves poetry, created by Mindmistress during Miraculous Mindset. After being killed by Smith, his second brain is put into a new body based on Smith's by Mindmistress, and he is passed off as Smith's son. Based on Erichthonius of Athens.
- Frank Demeterios - Bloodlust's partner.
- Harmonica (Monica Lewinsky) - Lawyer for March Munitions.
- Iris March - Bloodlust's sister.
- Bloodlust (Wolfgang March) - a mercenary soldier based on gods of war and strife. Sometime lover of Moodswing.
- Alvin Ness - a mentally disabled man who had a crush on Lorelei. He lost control and bludgeoned a policeman to death and was sentenced to the death penalty. His consciousness was put in the body of an 'Unstoppable' - a near-indestructable robot from another world. Is currently at the center of the Earth, finding a way up to have revenge on Lorelei.
- Clyde - Alvin's friend in jail.
- Smith - ex-husband of Moodswing. When he was a teenager, he fell from a building, making him severely disfigured. He grew up to be a geologist and discovered a meteorstrike with completely new elements. Based on Hephaestus.
- Moodswing (Michelle Dove) - When she was sixteen, she helped her cousin, Maggie Night, and the other Vengence Inc. members hide out from jail. On discovering that she had contracted their disease, she flung herself into the ocean. (Flashback in Minister to a Mind Diseased). Some time afterwards, she was hauled out of the ocean with amnesia and with no skin. Forethought gave her an experimental empathic skin which caused her to feel the emotions of other people. (Seige Mentality) She became a model and lover of Bloodlust - later, she was compelled by her empathic skin to marry Smith, who gave her a belt by which she could control others emotions. (Miraculous Mindset) Based on Aphrodite.
- Cromwell Lyons - Ezekiel's father, Lorelei's grand-father. Ezekiel describes him as a "distant, cold tyrant". He died when Lorelei was a toddler.
- Les Kidman - son of a fraternity brother of Cromwell's, his paedophilic and brutal tendencies made him a 'problem' for Cromwell. Cromwell employs him as a groundskeeper, and leaves the house in his will to Ezekiel - who keeps Les on in his job. Les kidnaps and attempts to murder Lorelei, but he is stopped by Ezekiel. A letter by Cromwell reveals that he had planned on Les murdering Lorelei, as Cromwell couldn't stand the thought of having a mentally disabled grand-daughter. In Memorable Experience, Les is granted parole for good behaviour.
|This page was originally based on an entry from Wikipedia and is used under their GNU Free Documentation License.|