Our Home Planet
|Our Home Planet|
Prince Julian, one of several protagonists in Our Home Planet.
|Update Feed||RSS feed|
|Update Schedule||Updating Wednesdays|
|Launch Date||January 21, 2002|
|Genre||Sci-fi, Humor, Romance|
|Format||Weekly, Infinite Canvas, Full Color|
Our Home Planet is a webcomic created by GD, featuring the misadventures of two Earthling girls, Rika and Mai, who end up sharing their home with a group of sexually aberrant aliens who refer to the part of the galaxy that the Earth resides in as the boonies.
All of the characters, both human and alien, are drawn with vaguely canine faces and tails, placing the strip in the Furry category.
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow
- Rika Hirodeki - The typical fun-loving, care-free female college graduate. She had "married" Pepito D'bo as the result of unknowingly initiating a mating ritual (biting her finger), which in turn has started a chain of bizarre events. Rika has a soft spot for alcohol, and tends to enjoy drinking with friends. While she has a job which requires formal attire, she finds that the situations she's recently been placed in go far beyond informal to downright insane. Perhaps she sees her job as an escape from the madness, or perhaps she sees the madness an escape from her job.
- Mai Yamamura - A shy girl, Mai is room mate and close friend to Rika - Perhaps what one might consider a friend who's got a good shot at being a lot 'closer'. "Married" to Pepito as well after a failed attempt to save Rika, she's technically also married to Julian and Rika, with Zukie as a sister in law. For someone like Mai, it must be a lot to take in. But it doesn't stop for her there; After dropping a stasis tube holding Ruby Maxim into the bath tub while bathing, she finds that Ruby's body is now her own - And Mai's body is now Ruby's, trapped in stasis. Worse yet, Ruby's body was still under the effects of a powerful aphrodisiac, clouding her mind when Rika comes home to find what she believes to be her best friend trapped in a stasis tube. And, in this form, Mai's apparently married Zukie! What's a girl to do?
- Pepito and Zukie D'bo (the D'bo Sisters) - Two of the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy (who apparently are also in a relationship with each other). They decided to come to Earth in search of a good meal, while at the same time evading intergalactic bounty hunters such as Julian and Ruby. However, their guise (Swedish masseuses), seems thin, and Rika and Mai see through it, prompting them to prepare them early. Julian pops in, and they try to get away, but shortly after takeoff, they realize they ran out of gas. Their ship crashes, and strands them on Earth. Their peoples' marriage ritual happens to be the biting of the fingers, and so when Rika chomped down on Pepito while held captive, the two became married. Later, a desperate Julian repeated this act and thus also married Pepito. Being male, Julian became Pepito's 'master' as well as her husband. Pepito and Zukie both hail from the planet K'Bab, and like the vast majority of K'babans are white-haired and purple-skinned. The planet itself is not very large, about half the size of Earth, and its inhabitants are unified in culture, appearance, and language. In K'Baban culture, it is considered a bad omen if one is born with colors that deviate from the norm. K'Baban culture is also very strictly male-oriented, governed by a moral text known as The Rules. The Rules are a set of behavioral codes that K'Babans are expected to live by, in much the same way that some Earthlings pattern their lives after religious texts. These codes are designed to give men power and make women submissive, which has made many K'Baban females angry over the millennia. In recent centuries, feminist K'Babans have found loopholes in certain passages of The Rules, which allow them to live confident, productive, male-free lives. For example, the passage detailing marriage practices is very explicit about a male spouse having absolute control, but said nothing about prohibiting marriages between two female spouses. This has made many male K'Babans uncomfortable and annoyed.
- Julian Petri Volnoch III - Prince and intergalactic bounty hunter who is also married to Pepito, having tied the knot in a desperate bid to escape captivity and the loss of his mister tingles, which oddly enough garnered him the title of 'master'. His nature is overall very suave, although he also tends to mess up quite a bit, especially around technology. He seems to be the product of a pampered upbringing, and thus is rather soft at times, but can be extremely hardy in situations where he knows he will prevail. His car is totalled shortly after he lands on Earth in pursuit of the D'bo sisters, and lost long-range communication from the planet. Stuck on Earth, and lacking any mechanical expertise, Julian becomes one of the now-numerous extraterrestrials to be stuck on Our Home Planet.
- Ruby Maxim - A robotically enhanced bounty hunter with a "Scottish" accent. She seems to have some kind of past as rivals with Julian, but their relationship to one another is unknown. Ruby is absolutely gigantic in size, and as seen in the comic, a regular night gown is the size of a shirt for her. Ruby comes from a planet named Moloko, a very, very large planet on the fringe of the Milky Way populated by very, very large people called the Moloki. While enormous by Earthling standards, Ruby is actually a tad on the short side compared to other Moloki. Their grand stature has made them more than a little arrogant when it comes to dealing with other, smaller races. But despite their ego problems, they are largely a peace-loving people with reputable trade relations. Their remarkable physical strength is well-noted throughout the universe, though some Moloki are simply not content with the limits of mortal strength. Mechanical enhancements are rapidly growing in popularity, as the proud Moloki are always trying to outdo each other's finely tuned bodies. Ruby herself has had all of her limbs replaced with powerful cybernetic devices, which are apparently steam-powered. Thus, she needs to keep her water tanks filled with clean water in order for her prosthetic limbs to work. When she landed on Earth, she happened to land in a junk yard; shortly after the yard operator figured her ship was trash and crushed it into a tiny cube, cutting her, too, off from the rest of the galaxy and stranding her on Our Home Planet.
- The Commander - Not much is known about the commander, except that he's mysterious and not much is known about him. He sports jewelry and seems to have an interest in the D'bo sisters. It's been speculated that the inscription on the ring he wears matches the inscription on the necklace that Zukie wears. Since the necklace has exhibited certain abnormal characteristics, it seems natural that the Commander would like to get his hands on it.
- B. Queen - A bondage queen, referred to simply as Queen, who works for The Commander as the leader of an elite team. A wedge-shaped portion of her tongue is missing from the middle, and thus resembles that of a snake, with a stud in the middle just slightly behind the gap. Queen takes great pleasure in giving pain, but doesn't take it very well. She sports a full leather outfit befitting of someone in the BDSM racket, and carries around a whip and brass knuckles, which, while giving her a punch capable of drawing a good deal of blood, also function as a controller for a 'suit' of golden armour, which she uses when she's losing a fight. This armour consists of a helmet that protects the face, and shoulder and thigh armour.
- Anya Bellanova - A member of Queen's gang, she, along with every other person from Beh-Fei, has the uncanny ability to read minds, and takes great pleasure in extreme forms of 'persuasion', ranging from giving pleasure in various, sometimes sexual ways, to mutilating her prisoners with various instruments, including a chainsaw, both of which she used on Julian. After the offer of "nice" persuasion had been turned down, she went into "naughty" persuasion mode. Needless to say, she got the information and cooperation she wanted. She speaks with a slightly Russian accent (or the galactic equivalent), and doesn't seem to speak English (or the galactic equivalent) as her first language.
- Lone Ghunnman - Also one of Queen's followers, Lone is a laid-back fellow with a strange sense of humour. In terms of speech, he seems to sound slightly Southern, or perhaps Australian, and tends to enjoy rubbing bad situations in other peoples' faces. Overall, he appears lazy, but is considered to be one of the top ten most wanted in the galaxy, and has a holster, which holds an unknown weapon (presumably a gun), strapped to his belt. One can only imagine what kind of skills he has to make him one of the top ten most wanted in the galaxy.
- HK-Seven Lanogan - ???
 Chapter Guide
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow
- Chapter 1 - Not Swedish
We are introduced to Rika and Mai, who have decided to employ Swedish masseuses, Zukie and Pepito D'bo, to relax a little and release some tension. Soon, however, they come to the conclusion that these particular masseuses aren't Swedish, taking the lightly-disguised Pepito and Zukie by surprise. They stumble and begin to stammer about not being aliens and how it isn't illegal on their 'planet'. Further skepticism from Rika and Mai comes from the fact that the massage oil is worcestershire sauce. They go along with it, and end up tied up and marinated. To their horror, they discover that they are, indeed, going to be cooked, and naturally begin to become flustered, to say the least. While poking at Rika, Pepito puts her finger a little too close to Rika's mouth, and before you can say lawsuit, her finger's ground between her teeth. The two aliens stammer and seem to become ecstatic as they reveal that Rika just married Pepito. As Pepito begins to try and seduce her new wife by tossing the skirt for a rather gaudy set of red underwear, Mai protests, lying and stating frankly that she and Rika are married, to which Pepito becomes delighted, now claiming to have two wives.
Enter Julian, bounty hunter, with a misfire of his pistol. Confronting the two proves too much for him, and they make a rather provocative escape, causing another misfire. Julian goes ballistic about his hair after the roof collapses on top of him, while the D'bos make a getaway in their spaceship with Rika and Mai - Or, they tried. Running out of fuel, they lift off and promptly fall back down, crashing hard into the building.
Julian catches up to Pepito and Zukie, nearly ready to destroy them for messing up his hair. They make a quick escape by simply disappearing upon the press of an unseen button on their arms. Julian blows a gasket, but is soon brought back to his senses by the bound and nude Rika and Mai, and promptly removes the ropes covering their mammaries. The Prince finds himself stammering for words, and fumbles miserably.
Meanwhile, Zukie and Pepito gloat over their escape, before realizing that they forgot their new family members. Of course, that's nothing a Ham and Cheese Sandwich can't cure.
Julian explains to Rika and Mai, after donning their clothing, who he is, and why he's there - The D'bo sisters. He explains that, though bungling and incompetent, they are numbers three and four of the galaxy's ten most wanted. So they go to a restaurant to talk things over, when finally the topic of their marriage to Pepito comes along. Julian quickly becomes a nervous wreck. In Zukie and Pepito's society, kidnapping the spouse of any of their kind is considered worse than murder, making Julian the prime target for unspeakable acts of D'bo cruelty. Though he didn't kidnap them, in the eyes of the D'bos, it's a different story.
And so, Julian gets a disguise - A rather fun disguise, to the girls. Rika and Mai suggest to him that he become a female, or at least look and act the part, in order to throw off the D'bo sisters. The girls run through ideas and finally get out and pick up all the necessary items, returning to their apartment to finally commit the evil acts (but not before Julian gets the telephone number of the male clerk at the clothing store). The full gamut of everything a woman would ever need piled into a bag, Julian digs in and begrudgingly dons the attire of a woman, much to the delight of the two girls. After much complaining and working, Julian finally gets to the point where he could easily pass for a girl, complete with hair, and makeup. Rika suggests champagne to celebrate, and the girls leave Julian home alone to go get some.
A knock at the door - Pizza? Julian answers and gets a shock that shouldn't have been a shock at all - The D'bos, Pepito with a gun and Zukie with a knife, grinning at him. He begs to be spared, and they agree - But since he's in such a getup, they 'suggest' surgery to complete the picture. Julian, naturally, screams bloody murder, but is silenced by Pepito's hand over his mouth. Zukie takes a close look with a dangerously close knife, and Julian does what any man would do in such a situation - Panic. He clamps down on Pepito's fingers as hard as he can, shattering the bone. Rika and Mai come back just in time to hear Pepito's scream, and just as Zukie's about to exact revenge, Rika slams the champagne bottle down on her head. Pepito stammers on about how horrible Julian is for biting her, and like putty in her hands, Rika easily gets the alien girl tied up, her sister unconscious and in the same position.
That's when the talk about biting the fingers begins again, and Julian realizes, with slight horror, that he is now married to the D'bo girl. However, this is short-lived, as he eventually realizes that he's off the hook, and when Pepito calls him 'master', he becomes absolutely amazed, amusing himself by making her do various things for him, such as rolling over. They later even use her head as a table.
As the night comes to a close, the debate turns to where everyone will sleep. After a little deliberation, Pepito speaks up. Since nobody wants to hear anything from them, she's tossed in the closet along with her sister, while the others continue to deliberate sleeping arrangements.