He grew up in Ottawa, Ontario where he studied Computer Science at Carleton University before moving to Toronto to do a masters degree in Computer Science at the University of Toronto, specializing in Computational Linguistics; he has since graduated. He is a humourist and a programmer and also designs t-shirts.
 Biographical Tidbits
- Ryan stands 6 feet, 6 1/2 inches tall (just over 2 meters) -- as high as the top shelf at the grocery store.
- Ryan, like most people, is unable to eat 12 saltines in one minute. This is a variation on the Saltine Challenge, where the number of crackers is doubled (from 6 to 12).
- Ryan is bilingual, speaking French and English.
- Ryan has strawberry-blond hair.
- Before Dinosaur Comics, Ryan created Robot Erotica
- Ryan once got himself in trouble with authorities by sending crazy emails
 Webcomic Projects
Ryan North's first webcomic was Dinosaur Comics where he re-uses the same clip-art pictures each week, only changing the text. He began Dinosaur Comics in February, 2003. In April of 2005, North branched out into Whispered Apologies where he is sent the art for a comic, and provides the text himself, along with other webcomic creators.
In 2006, North created RSSPECT, a free service that allows any site to easily and freely create an RSS feed for readers to check for updates.
 External links
- Dinosaur Comics
- Whispered Apologies
- Ryan's LiveJournal
- Ryan North Interview at QuestionRiot.com
|This page was originally based on an entry from Wikipedia and is used under their GNU Free Documentation License.|