|Update Schedule||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
|Launch Date||1 Dec 2001|
|Rating(s)||PG-13 (Adult Content and Topics)|
|Publisher||Maniacal Platypus Publishing|
|Price||Printed version $3.50USD; online version free|
Venus Envy is a webcomic drawn and written by Erin Lindsey. A fictional story, drawing on Ms. Lindsey's own experiences as a MtF Transgender. Started as a gag-a-day strip, it has progressed into a story-driven comic.
 The Carter Family
- Zoë Alexis Carter is the main character, a MtF transgender who has recently moved into Salem, Oregon from Puxatawney, Pennsylvania. Her original name was Alexander Thomas Carter. Zoë has had trouble breaking the facts to people about herself but is more open to those that know. As is customary of MtFs, she still takes supplements and has therapy. Zoë has a dog and practices tai chi. She is active in drama and soccer at her high school and seems to have her own little clique.
- Zoë's conscience routinely manifests itself in the form of an Angel and a Devil. As is customary of this metaphor, the Angel represents the Freudian super-ego, or what one is supposed to do by rules of society; the Devil represents the Freudian id, or what one wants to do due to physical needs, urges, and impulses.
- George Richard Carter (aka Richie) is the youngest in the Carter family. Richie views Zoë as an attention-hogging freak of nature. He has his own friends who share similar views.
- Helen Diane Carter is the mother of Zoë and Richie. While originally against Zoë's wishes, she has become more acceptable about them. She works as an anasthesiologist.
- Robert Allen Carter is the father of Zoë and Richie. Robert seems to be more acceptable about Zoë being who she is, but is not as acceptable about her dating. He also teaches drama and is the drama department's director at Zoë's high school.
- Bergie is the Carter family dog. Like any dog his age, he is playful, loyal, and friendly. Zoë takes care of him for the most part. Bergie was picked up from an animal shelter, originally needing intensive (if not insane) amounts of care; this was amply provided for.
- Larson Maurice Degado (original name Marie Alannis Degado) is a FtM transgender who has moved into Salem from California. He is at times hot-headed but tries to help where he can. Larson is the middle child of seven children. He takes supplements and has to bind himself.
- Lisa Kimberly Vangough is a lesbian, bull-headed yet compassionate. Her "coming-out" was less than graceful and she hasn't really recovered in the minds of many.
- Ashley Brianna Michaels (usually goes by Brianna) is, for all intents and purposes, Lisa's best friend. She dresses like a typical goth and is purported to be psychic.
- Eric is Zoë's current boyfriend. Although he has a regrettable past, he is slowly coming to terms with it and is trying to improve himself after meeting Zoë.
- Grace is the leader in a loosely-formed gang of sorts called the Cassanova Syndicate. Eric was at one time her star pupil and lover, but has since passed on. She enjoys getting her way and is extremely malevolent when she does not.
- Nathaniel Michael Blake (aka Nuke) is another member of the Cassanova Syndicate. Once puny, bespectacled, and bearing a scar similar to the titular character in the Harry Potter series of books, Nuke bulked up by training and is now very formidable.
- Nina is a member of the drama club and is Zoë's friend. She is bisexual and has solid if not harsh opinions on most everything.
- Christopher Allen Newton/Christine Alice Newton is, unlike Zoë or Larson, simply a crossdresser, using the experience as a sort of destressor.
- Anya Marie Lonov is the coach of the girls' soccer team. She is of Russian ancestry and carries with her Soviet mentology, which she uses as strategy in her games.
- Principal Darc is, as her name implies, fairly evil. She was originally in big business; a corporate meltdown seems to have driven her insane. Darc now spends her time viciously dealing with students in her school. She has her own bodyguards.
- One of the teachers, Mr. Clück, is a chicken. He teaches physics. This is completely normal.
- Erin, the comic's creator, occasionally appears, either to supply anecdotes/fillers or to provoke ongoing gags and storylines. Due to her busy schedule, Erin is usually burned out, cranky, and/or lazy.
- Erin 2.0 was "created" by Erin as a throwaway gag but was soon developed as a character. A human-spider hybrid, Erin 2.0 (sometimes referred to as Twoie) is prone to massive attacks of violence. However, as evidenced by her comics (crayon drawings) and her garbled speech, she is not entirely developed mentally.
- Whereas Erin 2.0 is mainly about blood and gore, Erin 3.0 is a super-deformed childlike and extremely cutesy version of Erin. She is also indestructable in any and all ways including digestion.
- Venus Envy is one of the comics participating in the Create a Comic Project.